Well, it is my sister Claire and I supported by an incredible bunch of people all over the world.
So who is behind Corazon Latino?
Claire and I set up Corazon back in 2005 with one clear aim; to give our customers the best jewellery and service we possibly could and to have a lot of fun doing it.
We started small, with just 20 designs, handmade for us by a friend if ours in Mexico and modelled by a beautiful girl we saw working out at a local gym. Since then we have grown and grown, and as we have grown we have found more amazing artisans and wonderful people to work with.
We now have over 250 designs, made exclusively for us in 8 different countries across 3 continents. We work direct with individual artisan and small workshops using Fairtrade principles to design and make our silver jewellery, amber pendants and pearl necklaces. We still work with our original model Terri, and we now also have a lovely male model who we found on a beach in The Philippines and persuaded to model our new men's range.
Despite being a "serious" business these days, we still follow the same guiding principle, to give our customers the best quality, most unusual, handmade jewellery and the most personal customer service possible, and above all else, to have fun while we're doing it.
If you'd like to see what goes on behind the scenes at Corazon Latino, check out our short 2 minute video.
If you'd like to understand why our customers come back again and again, and tell their friends about us, these are the things that make us different.
Making shopping online for jewellery a pleasure not a chore.
1) Quality - All of our silver jewellery is handmade, by some of the best artisans in the world, using the best raw materials possible. Our silver is tested and hallmarked by the London Assay Office to guarantee it is sterling silver and nickel free, and if you are unhappy with the quality when it arrives, send it back! We offer a no quibble moneyback guarantee.
2) Exclusivity - All our jewellery is designed and made especially for us (I even have a go at designing myself these days). We don't buy standard pieces from wholesalers so we can offer our customers something genuinely unique. Something that they won't find on dozens of others sites or see on another women at the next office party.
3) What you see is what you get - One of the biggest issues people have with buying jewellery online is scale. We heard so many tales of people buying jewellery online only to have it delivered and discover it was half the size expected (it even happened to me!).
We understand that buying online is no substitute for being able to touch the jewellery BUT we believe you can get close. We shoot every piece of our jewellery in close up AND on our lovely models so you can see what it looks like actually on. We also provide weights (critical when comparing prices on silver jewellery as many items look the same but are lighter weight, cheaper copies) and measurements. This way, you know how big your jewellery is, what it weighs, and what it looks like actually on a "real" person.
We are so confident that you will be delighted rather than disappointed when your jewellery arrives that we offer a no questions asked, money back guarantee; If you are not thrilled with your Corazon Latino jewellery when it arrives, for ANY reason, you can choose a different design, and we will give you 10% off your new order, or you can send your jewellery back and have you money back. Simple as that.
4) Honest value for money - We don't sell the cheapest silver jewellery online because we don't buy mass produced, machine made pieces BUT when it comes to high quality, hand made pieces in exclusive designs, we offer great value for money compared to shopping on the high street. Unlike high street stores, we don't have expensive rent to pay, or sales staff sitting around costing money. Nor do we mark up our jewellery so we can offer you great sale prices. We believe our customers deserve the best possible price all year round, and that's what we give them. You won't see 50% or more off our designs because we don't have it to give away. What you will get is a fair price for the best possible quality, a few special offers on clearance lines, and if you become one of our loyal customers, a special thank you every now and again for making Corazon Latino possible.
5) Help and Advice - We don't work in the mass market because we want to be able to give every one of our customers a personalised service. If you need help, advice or have a strange request, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0845 8382393 (+447970025090 from outside the UK) and we will do everything we can to make it happen. We have years of experience understanding what pieces work best for which people. If you tell us about the woman you are buying for, we will help you find the perfect piece for her. No matter how long it takes, we are there to help you.
If your not sure whether jewellery is the right gift to buy, then why not get our free gift guide. It's packed with useful advice on how to research, buy and deliver the perfect gift for any woman. From romantic weekend breaks to the perfect bouqet of flowers, it's in our guide. To get you free guide, click here.
We are so good at this, that after 8 years, we rarely get it wrong. Less than 1% of our orders come back and half of those just swap for a different design rather than going for a full refund.
6) Service - At Corazon Latino, we are all about solving your problems. Once we have helped you find that perfect piece, we can gift wrap it for you, add your own personal message and ship it anywhere in the world for you. If you need help remembering those important dates, mail us and we'll keep a note and send you a reminder a week before the big day. No matter how strange the request, call us and we will do our best to make it happen for you.
If you are overseas, no problem. Our prices are in British pounds, but you can view our prices in most major currencies (as a guide, based on a bank exchange rate updated monthly). The exact price you will pay will depend on your bank exchange rate on the date of purchase but it does tend to be slightly less than the prices we show.
We also turn round orders FAST. Orders are normally processed within 24 hours, with Special delivery that means if you're in the UK you'll have your jewellery in 2 days or less (we have been known to get emergency orders delivered in less than 24 hours), and even if you are on the other side of the world, our experience tells us that you'll have your jewellery in less than 10 working days. If you're in a rush and outsde the UK, don;t worry, we can arrange a courier service to get your order to you in 3 working days for around $40.
If you buy one of our pieces and find it's not quite the right size, don't worry. We offer a tailoring service on many of our designs which, for £25, allows you to send it back to us and we will shorten it for a perfect fit. It isn't available on all designs (it depends on the design) but please ask us and we'll try for you.
If there is anything you think we've missed, tell us. We are aways open to suggestions...
7) Security - Over the years we have had people try to break into the site, and try to use stolen cards to buy our jewellery, they have NEVER succeeded. We know how scary shopping online can be, and from day 1 we have worked with the best secure online systems to make sure your card, bank account and privacy are protected.
We use Worldpay for our secure credit card processing because they are one of the biggest and best. They use SSL (secure socket layer) encryption to ensure your card details are secure and protected at all times. You can also pay via your Paypal account if you have one, and if you are still worried about using your card online, you can call us on +447970025090 from anywhere in the world with the details or you can do a BACS bank transfer straight into our account without sharing your details with anyone.
If you decide to give us a try I am sure you will be surprised by how lovely our jewellery really is.
If you'd like to find out what our customers really think of us or just want to find out more about us, why not join our Facebook page.
Founder - Corazon Latino
Credit where credit's due
I would like to personally thank the people who helped make my dream come true:
Terri Bird, the beautiful "body" of Corazon Latino. For her patience, dedication & wonderful skin.
Rony Dagohoy, our new "body" for his cheek bones and eternal good humor in the face of salt water, sand and blinding sunlight.
Photographer Andy Atkinson for his perfectionism & perseverence in bringing our silver jewellery to life.
The team at Wren & Rowe, for their inspiration and dedication to the Corazon ideal.
My sister Claire who has spent the past 8 years working with me to bring Corazon Latino to life, and without who, this project would never have got off the ground.
Without you guys, none of this would have been possibe. THANK YOU!
Corazon Latino Ltd is registered at:
10 Stanthorne Park Mews
Clive Green Lane
VAT Registration number: GB 930 5197 31